- Program: Trunk Show and Longarming 101
- Speaker: Dorie Hruska, professional longarm quilter, book author and owner of Forever Quilting comes to you with 16 years of experience quilting for customers, where 95% of the tops had some type of issue. Not all quilts come out perfect. Although as longarm quilters there are many things we can do to improve the look of a quilt top. We will discuss the basics of preparing and loading your quilt, so that it finishes square, flat and balanced, or almost. Tips for wavy borders, hole in the fabric, fullness in blocks, etc. So if you quilt for customers or just for yourself, you will leave with confidence knowing how to tackle those not so perfect tops.
- Afternoon Workshop: Fearless Feathers
- Instructor: Dorie Hruska
- Time: 1 pm – 4 pm
- Location: A-1 Singer Sewing CenterCost: $50 (Includes Lunch)
- Description: Feathers come in all shapes, sizes and styles. Stacked, Long arm, Whimsical or Heirloom feathers. Each quilt artist develops their own style of feather, just like your personal signature. During this workshop we will practice drawing feathers inside of circles, ovals, squares, triangles and borders. Then learn how these feathers can be used as overall designs or small background fillers. Dorie will take you step by step through the different designs, to take the Fear out of Feathers.
- NOTE: Students are highly encouraged to bring 8 1/2” x 11” clear plastic and dry erase markers to practice drawing on the handouts. (These will also be available for purchase) Or they can bring hand held white dry erase boards to practice on.
Hello folks! Thanks for stopping by! Here at the Kansas Longarm Quilters web site we are brightening things up with a new look and hope you’ll take a moment to wander around and see everything. Of course, it’s still a work in progress. Plans are to share upcoming events, recaps of our meetings, information about our visitors and classes and much more.
To see the most current information, select on the Programs & Workshops tab from the menu at the top of the page. Below that tab you’ll find additional page links to archives. We’re also adding lots of pictures, so you’ll find links to those on individual page posts as well as under the Show & Share menu tab.
Go explore! Have fun!