Welcome to Kansas Longarm Quilters! We welcome quilters of all skill levels and machine types, from longarm to the domestic sewing machine quilter or those wanting to learn.
April 2020 Meeting
- Program: Tia’s Journey
- Class: Welsh Quilting Styles and Techniques for Today’s Quilts
- Speaker: Tia Curtis, Tia Curtis Quilts
Our April speaker and instructor is Tia Curtis of Tia Curtis Quilts, a quilter who has lived all over the world and who’s quilting style has been influenced by many different cultures.
Tia is blogger, longarm quilter and teaches on the web site Bluprint (formerly know as Craftsy).
Tia has been featured in numerous quilting magazines, including Classic Modern Quilts, Fons&Porter’s Love of Quilting, Modern Patchwork, and Quilt Mania, just to name a few.
The morning presentation includes her process for creating one-of-a-kind quilts that range from traditional to whole-cloth to ultra modern pieces. Expect at minimum of 20 custom quilts to be featured during the presentation.
Tia will conduct a workshop from 1:00-4:00 p.m., Welsh Quilting Styles and Techniques for Today’s Quilts, covering:
- history of Welsh quilting
- acrylic templates for design
- simple marking techniques
Students will leave class with marked and quilted samples and a handout filled with mix and match designs to try out on their next quilt.
The cost of the workshop is $45.00. If you haven’t registered and are interested contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is provided by (and questions should be directed to) Anita Brozik, VP/Programs Chairperson. Changes and updates will be made available as provided.
- February: KLQ member Margaret Mans, subject TBA, and annual surveys
- April 18: Tia Curtis, Leavenworth, KS. “Tia’s Journey” trunk show & ½-day (1-4 PM) workshop on “Welsh Quilting for Today’s Quilts.”
- April 24-25: 2-day bus trip to Missouri Star, Hamilton, MO, Friday – 4 KS shops Saturday – 3 MO shops
- June 20: Naomi Ullum, Hutchinson, KS “Color Planning for Quilters,” Intro to Program in the morning followed by a 1/2-day hands on workshop. Retired college art professor, Central Christian College, McPherson & a fine arts professional
- August 15: Karna Lackey, owner of Sew in 2 Quilts, Hutchinson, KS; subject TBA
- September/October: Fall Bus Shop Hop
- October 17: KLQ member Kim Hull, owner of Under the Covers, Andover, KS; subject TBA