- Date: June 18, 2022
- Speaker: Terri Blaylock, Blaylock Designs, Rosehill, KS
- Program: Behind the Scenes: From Fabric Manufacturer to the Store Shelf
- Location: A-1 Singer Sewing Center, Wichita, KS
The June program features Terri Blaylock of Blaylock Designs, Rosehill, KS. The program will highlight Terri’s past experience as a fabric sales representative. She will take us behind the scenes of fabric manufacturing, printing, dying and shipping. What are the needs and wants of quilt shop owners to satisfy their customers? And will it sell? Are designer or fabric brands important? How may you, the customer, be an influence on what the shop owner purchases? Terri will share a few fabric cards used to represent fabric lines.
Terri is one of KLQ’s longarm quilters for hire. A complete list of those quilters can be featured on this page.
The morning presentation is “Behind the Scenes: From Fabric Manufacturer to the Store Shelf.”
The business portion of the meeting includes:
• Destash Bash: destash: verb. To remove (thread, fabric, equipment, etc.) from one’s collection. Clean those sewing rooms, closets, boxes, totes, and anywhere else you stash your stuff (or stuff your stash). We’re setting up a trade/donate/sell table. Mark each item with your name and price, and have fun with your fellow guild members.
• Show and Share: Bring your finished quilts and/or works in progress.
• Raffle tickets: Tickets are $1 each or 6 tickets for only $5. Bring a visitor and you both get one free ticket!