The current year’s events are located on the main Programs and Workshops page. Past years’ meetings are archived here, including links to additional pages, as necessary.
December 2018 Meeting
December’s meeting was bursting with festive fun, as the board members supplied brunch to the membership, and everyone did a show and share of Christmas-themed quilts.
Afterwards, the membership played games and had a gift exchange.
For more pictures or information about this meeting, click on the Show & Share or General Meeting buttons below. You can also see more of all past meetings by choosing the Share & Share tab from the menu at the top of the page or the General Meetings Minutes under the Members tab.
October 2018 Meeting
- Program: SHOP HOP BUS TRIP
- Time: All day trip, 8am – 6:30pm
- Cost: $65/person: We will visit quilt stores in Severy, Bartlesville, Barnsdall and lunch and shopping at Pioneer Woman’s Mercantile! Bus trip will be with Village Tours.
August 2018 Meeting
- Program: Trunk Show
- Speaker: Shelley Pagliai – Prairie Moon Quilts; Many of the quilts she will show will be examples of her workshop.
- Afternoon Workshop: No Marking Required
- Instructor: Shelley Pagliai
- Time 1 pm – 4 pm
- Location: A-1 Singer Sewing Center
- Cost: $45 (Includes Lunch)Learn how to get your designs onto your quilt top without using markers. We will discuss ways to “mark” designs without actually marking, how to audition designs ahead of time, and also learn about various types of rulers.If you have a quilt top you would like ideas for, please bring it to class, and we and use during class as an example during class.
It was a full house for Shelley’s trunk show and class with so many quilts to admire in the morning then study during the afternoon class. Click the tlink below to see more pictures!
June 2018 Meeting
- Program: Trunk Show and Longarming 101
- Speaker: Dorie HruskaDorie comes to you with 16 years of experience quilting for customers, where 95% of the tops had some type of issue. Not all quilts come out perfect. Although as longarm quilters there are many things we can do to improve the look of a quilt top. We will discuss the basics of preparing and loading your quilt, so that it finishes square, flat and balanced, or almost. Tips for wavy borders, hole in the fabric, fullness in blocks, etc. So if you quilt for customers or just for yourself, you will leave with confidence knowing how to tackle those not so perfect tops.
- Afternoon Workshop: Fearless Feathers
- Instructor: Dorie Hruska
- Time: 1 pm – 4 pm
- Location: A-1 Singer Sewing CenterCost: $50 (Includes Lunch)
- Description: Feathers come in all shapes, sizes and styles. Stacked, Long arm, Whimsical or Heirloom feathers. Each quilt artist develops their own style of feather, just like your personal signature. During this workshop we will practice drawing feathers inside of circles, ovals, squares, triangles and borders. Then learn how these feathers can be used as overall designs or small background fillers. Dorie will take you step by step through the different designs, to take the Fear out of Feathers.
- NOTE: Students are highly encouraged to bring 8 1/2” x 11” clear plastic and dry erase markers to practice drawing on the handouts. (These will also be available for purchase) Or they can bring hand held white dry erase boards to practice on.