- Date: October 16, 2021
- Speaker: Kalisa Brewer-Crombie, Derby, KS
- Program: Journey of a Quilter
- Location: A-1 Singer Sewing Center, Wichita, KS
From Anita Brozik, VP/Programs
Hello fellow quilters,
Fall is upon us, mostly. . . . . (if the 90 degree weather will leave us)! Our October meeting will be at our regular meeting place, A-1 Singer at 1012 Oliver, Wichita, KS. A-1 opens at 9 AM for your perusing pleasures.
The program this month is Karlisa Brewer-Crombie from Derby, Kansas. She is a retired educator (USD 259) & a novice quilter. Karlisa shared that quilting is her therapy and something she has admired and desired to do for as long as she can remember, however, she did not begin her journey as a quilter until 2010.
This love for quilting comes from her deep appreciation of her family heritage of quilting. Karlisa’s paternal grandmother was a very accomplished and avid quilter. She is delighted to share her journey and love for this artful expression, through her quilts, her processes & the stories behind them.
This month’s business portion of the meeting includes:
• Tips & Tricks: From our members
• What Thread are You: Be adventurous & help us get to know you better through a spool of thread. . . . color, weight, size, etc.
• Destash Bash: destash: verb. To remove (thread, fabric, equipment, etc.) from one’s collection. Clean those sewing rooms, closets, boxes, totes, and anywhere else you stash your stuff (or stuff your stash). We’re setting up a trade/donate/sell table. Mark each item with your name and price, and have fun with your fellow guild members.
• Show and Share: Bring your finished quilts and/or works in progress.
• Raffle tickets: Tickets are $1 each or 6 tickets for only $5. Bring a visitor and you both get one free ticket!