- Date: April 16, 2022
- Program: Just Talk to Your Quilt
- Class: Doodle Quilting + Background Fillers
- Speaker: Julia Quiltoff; Julia Quiltoff Longarm Quilting
Our April speaker and instructor is Julia Quiltoff of Liberty, MO. She runs her own business, teaches in person as well as through her YouTube channel and is also an Innova Longarm Machines sub-dealer.
Julia says her passion for creating with fabrics has spanned more than 10 years, but buying her first longarm in 2014 transformed her life into a magical journey.
She loves working with different textures, colors, and having the freedom to design and discover different styles and techniques in longarm quilting. She considers herself to be always learning, a curious and inquiring quilter who is always hungry for new ideas, designs and visions.
The morning presentation is “Just Talk to Your Quilt” and will feature a trunk show.
After the morning presentation and a break for a catered lunch, Julia’s conducting a workshop from 1:00-5:00 p.m., combining two of her classes into one workshop!
- Doodle Quilting: a fun way to create a beautiful texture for background or allover quilting. Learn new shapes and ideas and how to balance different elements, scales, and densities
- Background Fillers: different quilting fillers, from classic to modern (geometric, curl-based, pebble-based, feather-based, and more)
The enrollment cost of the workshop is $50.00 and includes lunch. KLQ welcomes non-members to enroll at no additional charge if space is available. You may pay the day of the meeting or mail a check, but all attendees need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time to confirm enrollment. If mailing a check, an address will be provided when you confirm enrollment by email.