- Date: August 20, 2022
- Program: No Need to Re-Invent the Color Wheel
- Speaker: Bethany Janssen; The Sewing Center
Our August speaker is Bethany Janssen, owner of The Sewing Center in Wichita, KS. She is a lifelong artist and former high school art teacher.
Bethany has developed arts programming for Wichita’s public school system, worked in costume design for theater, and also managed community art projects.
In her presentation, Bethany will teach quilters a better understanding of how to unify the three sets of color: primary, secondary and tertiary. Whether you are a self-proclaimed “power clasher” or more neutral in color taste, the color wheel will help better determine what is a complimentary choice.
There will be hands-on activities for those in attendance.
The morning presentation is “No Need to Re-Invent the Color Wheel.”
This month’s business portion of the meeting includes:
• Destash Bash: destash: verb. To remove (thread, fabric, equipment, etc.) from one’s collection. Clean those sewing rooms, closets, boxes, totes, and anywhere else you stash your stuff (or stuff your stash). We’re setting up a trade/donate/sell table. Mark each item with your name and price, and have fun with your fellow guild members.
• Show and Share: Bring your finished quilts and/or works in progress.
• Raffle tickets: Tickets are $1 each or 6 tickets for only $5. Bring a visitor and you both get one free ticket!